The 2x8 DNR Joist Notch Repair Kit (Patent Pending) is a structural steel plate designed to restore the strength of Floor Joists that have been compromised due to over cut notches either at the top or bottom of the Joist. Notch size is 6" wide and 5.25" deep, allowing for the custom installation of plumbing, electrical, or other utilities. The 2x8 DNR is the perfect solution to offset toilet flange that may be required where toilet drains set to close to a Joist. All fasteners and driver tip are included.
CALL FOR QUANTITY DISCOUNTS - 540-589-9669
AVAILABLE in US and CANADA - Please include mobile phone and email for tracking via text and email. Feel free to call, text, or email 24/7 customer service if you have questions. 540-589-9669 | email@example.com
For availability in other countries please call - 540-589-9669
- Drill (Electric or Cordless)
- Construction Adhesive
- 3/16" Drill bit (included)
- Torx T25 Drive tip (included)
- "C" Clamps (recommended)
With the exception of weekends, we make every attempt to ship orders within 24 hours of when they are received. Some orders that are placed early in the day may ship that day while others may not. If your project requires faster service please call and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
What building codes allow for notch cuts in Floor Joists (without Joist Reinforcer)
1. Notches are only allowed in the first 1/3 from each end of the Joist.
2. Notch depth cannot exceed 1/6th of the depth of the Joist.
3. Notch width cannot exceed 1/3rd of the depth of the Joist.
With a Joist Reinforcer
1. Notches can be placed anywhere along the length of the Joist up to 12" from supporting members.
2. Notch can be up to 3" deep on a 2x8, 2x10's and 2x12's
3. Notch can be up to 6" wide.