The 28NR Joist Notch Repair Kit is an IRC Code Approved structural steel plate designed to restore the strength of Floor Joists that have been compromised due to over cut notches either at the top or bottom of the Joist. The 28NR is the perfect companion to offset toilet flange that may be required where toilet drains are set to close to a Joist. The 28NR is a modification or our 210NR Joist Reinforcer, but designed to reinforce 2x8 Joists (7.25"). The 28NR is a made of two 14 gauge steel plates overlapped and welded to fit 2x8 joists. All fasteners and driver tip are included. Call for quantity discounts greater than 10 pcs. Need a Hole Reinforcer instead?
AVAILABLE in US, CANADA, UK, and FRANCE - Please include mobile phone and email for tracking via text and email. Feel free to call, text, or email 24/7 customer service if you have questions. 540-589-9669 | email@example.com
For availability in other countries please call - 540-589-9669
- Drill (Electric or Cordless)
- 5/6" Socket or Nutsetter
- Construction Adhesive
- 1/8" Drill bit (provided)
- #2 Robertson screw tip (provided)
- "C" Clamps (recommended)
With the exception of weekends, we make every attempt to ship orders within 24 hours of when they are received. Some orders that are placed early in the day may ship that day while others may not. If your project requires faster service please call and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
What building codes allow for notch cuts in Floor Joists (without Joist Reinforcer)
1. Notches are only allowed in the first 1/3 from each end of the Joist.
2. Notch depth cannot exceed 1/6th of the depth of the Joist.
3. Notches width cannot exceed 1/3rd of the depth of the Joist.
With a Joist Reinforcer
1. Notches can be placed anywhere along the length of the Joist up to 12" from supporting members.
2. Notch depth can be up to 3.5" on a 2x8, and 4" on 2x10's and 2x12's.
3. Notch width can be up to 5" wide.