The 210NR Joist Notch Repair Kit is an IRC and IBC Code Approved structural steel plate designed to restore the strength of Floor Joists that have been compromised due to over cut notches either at the top or bottom of the Joist. The 210NR allows for the custom installation of an offset toilet flange to be installed which is set into the joist, or notches up to 5" wide and 3" deep to run utilities. The 210NR Joist Reinforcer designed to reinforce 2x10 and 12 Joists. The 210NR is a made of a single 14 gauge steel plate. All fasteners and driver tip are included. Need a Hole Reinforcer instead?
AVAILABLE in US and CANADA - Please include mobile phone and email for tracking via text and email. Feel free to call, text, or email 24/7 customer service if you have questions. 540-589-9669 | firstname.lastname@example.org
For availability in other countries please call - 540-589-9669
- Screwgun and Drill (Electric or Cordless)
- Construction Adhesive (optional)
- 1/8" Drill bit (NOT included)
- #2 Robertson Square Drive screw tip (included)
- "C" Clamps (possibly helpful)
With the exception of weekends, we make every attempt to ship orders within 24 hours of when they are received. Some orders that are placed early in the day may ship that day while others may not. If your project requires faster service please call and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
What building codes allow for notch cuts in Floor Joists (without Joist Reinforcer)
1. Notches are only allowed in the first 1/3 from each end of the Joist.
2. Notch depth cannot exceed 1/6th of the depth of the Joist.
3. Notch width cannot exceed 1/3rd of the depth of the Joist.
With a Joist Reinforcer
1. Notches can be placed anywhere along the length of the Joist up to 12" from supporting members.
2. Notch can be up to 3" deep on a 2x10 or 12.
3. Notch width can be up to 5" wide.