When it comes to floor joist repair the 2810HR Floor Joist Repair Kit is the standard solution for fixing holes in floor joists. Reinforcing holes in floor joists and joist reinforcement is required to strengthen floor joists due to oversized holes in joists or when you need to route plumbing or other utilities through one or more Floor Joists. Fully tested and IRC compliant every 2810HR Joist Reinforcer Kit includes an Intertek Code Compliance Report CCRR 0279. Joist Reinforcers allow you to run utilities through one, or a series of joists, with holes up to 6" in diameter for 2x10's and 12's, and 4" diameter in 2x8 joists. The 2810HR Joist Reinforcer is made of two 14 gauge steel mending plates. All fasteners and driver tip are included. Call for quantity discounts over 9 pieces. Need a Notch Reinforcer Instead?
AVAILABLE in US, CANADA, UK, and FRANCE - Please include mobile phone and email for tracking via text and email. Feel free to call, text, or email 24/7 customer service if you have questions. 540-589-9669 | email@example.com
For availability in other countries please call - 540-589-9669
- Code Report and Installation Instructions
- 2810HR Template, for 2x8, 2x10 or 12 (11x17)
- 100% Guarantee 2810HR Code Approval
- Screws, Drills, and Drivers
- Drill (Electric or Cordless)
- 5/6" Socket or Nutsetter
- Construction Adhesive
- 1/8" Drill bit (provided)
- #2 Robertson screw tip (provided)
- "C" Clamps (recommended)
What code allows for holes in Floor Joists (without Joist Reinforcer)
1. Only holes are allowed in the center 1/3rd, no notches.
2. Holes in the outer 1/3rd's of the span must be at least 2" apart.
3. Hole diameter cannot exceed 1/3rd of the depth of the Joist.
4. Hole can be no closer than 2" from the Joist edge.
With a Joist Reinforcer
1. Holes can be placed anywhere along the length of the Joist up to 12" from supporting members.
2. Hole diameter can be up to 6".
3. Hole location can be as close at 1.5" from bottom or top of Joist.